The year-round golf courses in the Dominican Republic help make it the largest tourist destination in the Caribbean. Whether couples are going on a honeymoon or simply want to enjoy their favorite pastime on vacation, there are plenty of Dominican Republic golf courses to consider. The ultimate excursion starts at a V Collection beachfront resort located near some of the finest greens on the globe.
Guests staying at V Heavens are located near the world-renowned Playa Dorada Golf Course. It was designed by the famous Robert Trent Jones Sr., attracting golfers from all over to hit the links. The 18-hole course is situated on the north coast, making it one of the only places for couples to tee off in this beautiful area. The thoughtful design and unique location make this an experience to put on any golf couple’s itinerary!
Playa Grande is one of the last golf courses designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., making it another hot spot for golf couples. The course was renovated by his son renovated less than five years ago. The par 72 course offers breathtaking views with a location on towering cliffs that overlook the sea. And the impressive vistas don’t end when the game is over. Head back to V Collection beachfront resort located in the most scenic areas of the Dominican Republic.
While the name sounds fierce, it’s actually an inviting course for sport-minded couples in the Caribbean. Located in La Romana, the course is an incredible seaside experience. Plus, many golfers have not heard of it, making it a private spot for lovers who want to sneak a kiss between holes. Ready for more romance? Head back to your hip accommodations at V Collection resorts to share a sunset and candlelight dinner after working up an appetite on the greens.
Golf lovers instantly recognize the name Jack Nicklaus, the pro who designed Punta Espada. The par 72 course is not for the faint of heart. Golfers need to navigate nautical elements, wind, and more to get their game on. Plenty of water views could be an additional distraction – which may work to your advantage! Want more waterfront enjoyment? Take a day off from golf to snorkel with the fishes – a wonder-filled break for land lovers who also love the beach.
Golfing is a way of life for many couples, and they plan their vacations around the sport. While there are endless opportunities to tee off in paradise, the Carribeean also offers some of the most beautiful beaches with endless water sports as well as the opportunity to relax in paradise. A V Collection resort is the perfect place to do it! Countless sports and activities with a backdrop of surf, sand, and sun mean there’s never a dull moment. Simply pay and stay at the resort, enjoying all the amenities without opening your wallet. Break from your golfing routine with these activities:
• Take an introductory diving lesson to get your feet off the ground and discover the underwater wonders. After looking at the sea from a golf course, it’s an unforgettable experience to see it from the other side.
• If you’re not ready for diving, why not try snorkeling together? In just a few minutes, you’ll be underwater and swimming with rainbow fishes. It’s a colorful moment couples can talk about for years to come.
• Bring your competitive nature to the tennis court and practice your backhand. Take on another couple for even fiercer competition.
• Waterfront sports present a new challenge to conquer. Stay maintaining your balance on a paddleboard while you glide through the sea. Or grab an oar and a kayak to explore the remote corners of the Caribbean. Who knew being alone together could be so adventurous?!
• After spending time on land and in the water, get some air time by windsurfing or soaring on the flying trapeze. The bird’s eye view will make you both see the world in a whole new way.
• All of this activity can work up an appetite. With buffets, fine dining, and snacks, there’s never a need for hunger pang during your stay at V Collection resorts. And a romantic dinner for two with wine is a perfect way to end the day.
• Are you still ready for action? Share a majestic sunset over the sea then sip icy cocktails while you sway to the rhythms of the island. The party starts after dark and doesn’t stop until you say when.
Tee for two takes on a fresh perspective when you head to the best Dominican Republic golf courses for couples. And staying at V Collection resorts opens up a world of other opportunities for fun in the sun and creating magical moments to treasure together for a lifetime.